Network Security Engineer
You’re a dependable and cool-headed problem solver who’s prepared to roll up your sleeves and help resolve our customers’ IT issues.
If you’ve got Network / Security engineering experience, it’s time to dust off your resume and send it to us right away. You may just be the perfect person to join a highly trained team of dedicated IT support specialists who are passionate about IT (obviously!) and, most importantly, giving our customers the best support experience possible.
Vandis is seriously dedicated to the professional progression and well-being of our people and you’ll enjoy the flexibility in the way we approach support. You won’t be tied down to a templated and restrictive way of working – you’ll be hired because you bring real experience and tried and tested ideas to the table.
Every day brings a new challenge and you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of clients (from a broad range of sectors) and a host of different technologies, so literally, no two days are ever the same.
You’ll need to hit the ground running and will have some or all of these in your toolkit:
- A minimum of two years of providing security solutions in a technical support role at a high technical level.
- Be familiar with primary networking equipment, i.e. Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and wide-area communications.
- Experience with some of the following vendor products; Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Juniper, F5 Networks, Cisco, Aruba.
- Knowledge of IT security would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working under pressure, multitasking between simultaneous projects and responding to deadlines.
- Flexible, tenacious, highly self-motivated, and committed to achieving goals.
- Smart, flexible, diligent, and professional – willing to work hard but have fun doing it.
- Ability to comprehend and understand network equipment, to fault find and identify the causes of problems.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and goal orientation.
- Straightforward, honest, team player.
Go ahead. Apply. Do something great for your career.
Who are we?
Vandis is a NY based technology solutions provider and systems integrator focused on network infrastructure and security. We deliver strategic technology solutions to enterprise accounts, state and local government agencies, hospitals, colleges, universities and K-12 schools in NY, NJ, CT, and PA. We have a team of engineers that provide professional services, training, and managed services to our clients. Key vendors include Check Pont, Cisco, Citrix, EMC, F5 Networks, HPE, Juniper Networks, NetApp, Palo Alto Networks, and VMware.
No sponsorship at this time.
Job Type: Full-Time