Network Security Engineer
You’re a dependable and cool-headed problem solver who’s prepared to roll up your sleeves and help resolve our customers’ IT issues.
If you’ve got Network / Security engineering experience, it’s time to dust off your resume and send it to us right away. You may just be the perfect person to join a highly trained team of dedicated IT support specialists who are passionate about IT (obviously!) and, most importantly, giving our customers the best support experience possible.
Vandis is seriously dedicated to the professional progression and well-being of our people and you’ll enjoy the flexibility in the way we approach support. You won’t be tied down to a templated and restrictive way of working – you’ll be hired because you bring real experience and tried and tested ideas to the table.
Every day brings a new challenge and you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of clients (from a broad range of sectors) and a host of different technologies, so literally, no two days are ever the same.
You’ll need to hit the ground running and will have some or all of these in your toolkit:
- A minimum of two years of providing security solutions in a technical support role to a high technical level.
- Be familiar with primary networking equipment, i.e. Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and wide-area communications.
- Experience with some of the following vendor products; Palo Alto, Fortinet, Juniper, F5, Cisco, Aruba.
- Knowledge of IT security would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working under pressure, multitasking between simultaneous projects and responding to deadlines.
- Flexible, tenacious, highly self-motivated, and committed to achieving goals.
- Smart, flexible, diligent, and professional – willing to work hard but have fun doing it.
- Ability to comprehend and understand network equipment, to fault find and identify the causes of problems.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and goal orientation.
- Straightforward, honest, team player.
Go ahead. Apply. Do something great for your career.
Who are we?
Vandis Inc. is a major provider of Computer Security and Network Infrastructure to Fortune 1000 corporate accounts, universities, government agencies, K-12 school districts and hospitals throughout the NY/NJ metro area. We also provide integration, professional services, training, and managed services utilizing our own team of engineers.
For over 36 years, Vandis Inc. has seen the technology and business world change while our client-focused approach has remained the same. We are a growing, profitable, and financially stable company. With a consistent growth rate, no debt, and a strong balance sheet, you can feel assured that you made the right career choice.
No sponsorship at this time.
Job Type: Full-Time