Senior Cloud Engineer
“You’ve got your head in the clouds”.
People have been telling you that your whole life.
Well, looks like you’ll have the last laugh.
Technology is moving into the cloud and lucky for you, you’re already there.
Now it’s time to turn your dream into the job of a lifetime.
Vandis is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer focusing on cloud and hybrid cloud solutions for clients in the upper mid-market to enterprise space, a person that's technical and thought leader for the Cloud practice. You'll function primarily in the architect and technical account manager role.
The position will be responsible for participating in remote and on-site sales meetings, recording client requirements, proposing a solution, then tracking the deal through close with the support of the sales and delivery engineering teams. You'll work closely with the delivery engineering team in crafting a solution and handing it off for execution but will not be responsible for the bulk implementation of the technical solutions they design.
If you have serious experience with the server and network infrastructures required to run high-performing corporate applications, then we want to give you the ability to help grow and lead one of our fastest-growing practice areas.
What you'll do:
- Migration Management and Execution. You will be responsible for working directly with our clients to plan and implement their entire application portfolio migration to Azure, AWS, or GCP. This includes assessing their ability to move, deploying the appropriate infrastructure, performance testing, and documenting operational changes.
- Account Education. You will lead our clients to explore how they can take advantage of the complete AWS platform including IaaS, PaaS, and other technologies. You will need to architect their roadmap and help them embrace the vision. Familiarity with application development is a big plus.
- Assessments & Engagement. You will lead hands-on workshops with our clients who are just beginning the journey into the cloud. You’ll help them understand the basics of the platform, do initial planning on how to migrate their applications and deploy initial hybrid workloads (configuring VPNs, setting up operating portals, deploying IaaS VMs, and leveraging PaaS). The final step is moving and testing an actual production workload.
- Vision and Architecture. You must be able to impart to our clients how advanced cloud architectures using both IaaS and PaaS will enhance their agility and ability to rapidly deliver solutions to their organization.
- Facilitate technical discussions and whiteboarding for project migration and technical solutions.
- Produce and manage client-facing documentation.
- Conduct implementation pilots and help customers envision complete solution.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of infrastructure consulting or implementation experience. Application development experience a big plus.
- 6+ years of working directly with businesses/customers to understand business needs and applying technology solutions to those requirements.
- Experience moving workloads from on-premise to IaaS (AWS, Rackspace, Azure, etc.) a big plus. Knowledge of SQL Server configuration and fundamentals another big plus.
- Networking fundamentals, including VPN configuration a requirement.
- Ability to design the architectures for integrating core infrastructure technologies in support of enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of application infrastructure architecture fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience in broad architectural skills, customer facilitation and solution selling.
- Experience with virtualization, storage and networking architecture.
- Experience moving workloads from physical to virtual environments.
- Strong Active Directory skills, including Group Policy Administration, Replication and Deployment experience.
- Automation experience a big plus, as is any DevOps/Configuration Management (Chef, PowerShell DSC, Puppet, etc) experience.
If this sounds like you, or it's reasonably close, send us an email.
Vandis Inc. is a major provider of Computer Security and Network Infrastructure to Fortune 1000 corporate accounts, universities, government agencies, K-12 school districts and hospitals throughout the NY/NJ metro area. We also provide integration, professional services, training, and managed services utilizing our own team of engineers.
For close to 35 years, Vandis Inc. has seen the technology and business world change while our client-focused approach has remained the same. We are a growing, profitable, and financially stable company. With a consistent growth rate, no debt, and a strong balance sheet, you can feel assured that you made the right career choice.
Job Type: Full-Time