Senior Wireless Engineer
Securing your data and network is a bigger and more critical job than ever.
Expert guidance can help you achieve your unique security requirements.
Vandis has assembled a team of architects and engineers with broad experience, extensive training, and reliable judgment to provide you the assistance you need.
That being said, we’re looking to bolster our Wireless/Mobility team.
But I don't need a new job. Why should I consider this position?
What can we offer you?
Highly-skilled colleagues that love pushing their limits.
Working on various platforms and cutting-edge technology.
Our commitment to technical excellence, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
Who you are:
A project-based engineer who is comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, willing to go the extra mile to ensure successful customer engagements.
Interfacing directly with clients and capable of discussing design, architecture, planning, assessment, and implementation of enterprise network and mobility solutions.
Skillset should be focused on Mobility practices. Specifically, 802.11 wireless technologies, wired/wireless access control (NAC), 802.1x, Role-Based Access, MDM, and overall end-user access control workflows in enterprise environments.
Capable of following instructions and working with senior engineers / exhibits confidence to clients / provides guidance and leadership to less-senior team members.
Comfortable providing knowledge transfers to customers and speaking to both technical and non-technical audiences while working with clients.
Demonstrate excellent listening skills as well as strong written and spoken communications skills to both clients and colleagues.
What do you know?
Strong, current, hands-on experience (3-5 years) in the following areas:
- Analysis, architecture, design, networking, configuration, troubleshooting and support of Aruba, Meraki, and Cisco Wireless networks.
- Strong background in administration or architecture of the following products:
- Aruba Networks / HPE.
- WLAN controllers.
- WLAN Controller-less (IAP).
- ClearPass Policy Manager.
- Experience developing and implementing BYOD strategies.
- Experience developing and implementing wired and wireless Guest Access Control (Aruba ClearPass, Forescout, Bradford)
- Understanding of MDM technologies and vendors (Airwatch, MobileIron, JAMF, InTune, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of general networking and security technologies
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused and results oriented.
Additional desirable skills and experience:
- Cisco and/or Juniper Networks in a Production Environment.
- VMWare in a Production Environment
- Firewalls (Juniper, Cisco, Check Point, Palo Alto) in a Production Environment.
- Switches and Routers (Juniper, Cisco, Aruba) in a Production Environment.
- Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Check Point, Citrix, F5, Aruba Certifications
- Consulting / Project-based experience.
Want to hear more?
Of course, you do.
Send us an email. Start earning the money you deserve.
About Vandis, Inc:
Vandis Inc. is a major provider of Computer Network Infrastructure and Security Products from Cisco, HP Enterprise, Dell, EMC, IBM, and Citrix to Fortune 1000 corporate accounts, universities, government agencies, K-12 school districts and hospitals throughout the NY/NJ metro area. We also provide integration, professional services and training utilizing our own team of engineers.
Established in 1983, Vandis Inc. has seen the technology and business world change while our client-focused approach has remained the same. We are a growing, profitable, and financially stable company. With significant growth year over year, no debt and a strong balance sheet, you can feel assured that you made the right career choice.
Job Type: Full-Time