Part 1: Constructing a Secure SD-WAN Architecture
The adoption of cloud services, the virtualization of the traditional network, and an increasingly mobile workforce accessing applications in the cloud are accelerating advancements in wide area networking (WAN) technologies. The traditional WAN is struggling to keep up because it relies on a static infrastructure of devices that simply can't accommodate shifting and often temporary resource allocation and workloads.
In Part 1 of this workshop, participants will learn how:
- Software-defined networking (SDN) applies to software control of wide area networks in an enterprise environment
- To implement application control and traffic shaping over SD-WAN
- FortiManager can enable unified policy across thousands of enterprise branches
- FortiDeploy can enable zero-touch deployment
- To configure virtualized products supporting WAN aggregation while gaining hands-on experience
Part 2: Using FortiWeb AI to Detect Web Application Threats
FortiWeb takes a dual-layer approach to identify threats. The first machine learning layer builds a profile and mathematical model for each parameter in the protected web application and uses this information to spot anomalies in the web traffic. The second layer runs the anomalies through threat models developed and continuously updated by FortiGuard Labs as new threats are identified, in order to determine if they are malicious.
In Part 2 of this workshop, participants will learn how:
- Machine Learning mitigates False Positives
- FortiWeb automatically builds mathematical models for Web Application parameters and how it uses these models in order to detect anomalies
- FotiWeb validates if the detected anomalies are actual threats
- ForitWeb monitors for Web Application changes and automatically updates its threat model
9:00AM - 12:00PM ~ Part 1
12:00PM - 12:30PM ~ Lunch
12:30PM - 3:30PM ~ Part 2
We look forward to having you join us!
***A laptop is required for these labs.***
Disclaimer: Each registrant will be reviewed by Vandis to ensure they meet Vandis’ requirements for attendance and, if qualified, will receive an approval email after registration. Attendees acknowledge that their organizations may have compliance policies relating to their employees’ ability to accept items of value that may be available at an event, and it is the attendee’s responsibility to manage compliance with those business policies.