2) HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our site?
a) Information you provide us directly (Personal Data)
We generally do not collect information from visitors of our site or other details to help you with your experience, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain PII that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Company name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
b) Log file information (Usage Data)
We may also collect information how the site is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
c) Advertising Identifiers
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
d) When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, open a support ticket, or enter information on our site.
3) HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse or search the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process and implement your transactions.
- To communicate directly with you to send you electronic messages containing site-related notices (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, feature notifications, technical and security notices).
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
a) Do we use 'cookies'?
c) What are your choices regarding cookies?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies settings.
If you disable cookies, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
5) HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6) SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
a) Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice and the choice to have such information shared.
b) With whom we may share your information
We may share your information with third party business partners that function on our behalf and that they need to perform their functions. Examples include, but are not limited to, product manufacturers or their licensors when you place an order for those products, website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We will use contractual or other means to protect personal information disclosed to such third parties. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics (such as your name and email address) and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7) HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR CONTENT
8) TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
9) THIRD-PARTY LINKS
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website. It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
10) LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
11) SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) RIGHTS
As of January 1, 2020, if you are a California resident, the following rights as expressed under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) are applicable to you:
- You may request that we disclose to you, free of charge (unless your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive):
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected in the preceding twelve (12) months;
- for personal information that we have collected in the preceding twelve (12) months, the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- for personal information that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months, the categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of personal information that we have sold about you, the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold (by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold), and the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose;
To exercise the above right, you must provide a verifiable consumer request by either emailing or by writing to us at the address below.
- You may request that we delete personal information about you that we may have collected. To exercise this right, you must provide a verifiable consumer request by either emailing us or by writing to us at the address below.
- If you are under 16 years of age, we cannot sell your personal information, unless you (or your parent or guardian if you are under the age of 13) have affirmatively authorized us to do so. To exercise this right to opt in, you (or your parent or guardian) may submit a request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org write to us at the address below. You will not need to create an account to opt in. You may opt out at any time.
If you are a California resident and you have questions regarding your rights under the CCPA, you can email or write to us at the contact information provided below.
12) CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not specifically market to children nor do we knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 years old. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
13) OTHER FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
a) We will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
14) CAN SPAM
The CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each commercial email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each commercial email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
16) CONTACTING US