As organizations shift their workforce to be remote, IT teams have been looking for ways to optimize the remote experience. An area of key importance is how to ensure employees can securely and quickly connect to all their applications, including SaaS, public and private cloud, and datacenter applications. One solution that helps solve this challenge is Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access.
What is Prisma Access?
Prisma Access is a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) that provides consistent connectivity and security for mobile users, branch offices and retail locations, anywhere in the world, without the need to deploy additional hardware. This is delivered through a common framework for a seamless user experience.
How Does It Work?
Prisma Access uses a cloud-based infrastructure that delivers multiple types of security services. These services include advanced threat prevention, web filtering, sandboxing, DNS security, credential theft prevention, DLP and next-generation firewall policies based on user-to-application and host information profiles.
What Problems Does It Solve?
- Business Agility and Speed - Prisma Access ensures that you can consistently, securely and rapidly connect to all of your applications. It also offers flexibility and cloud scalability to handle your changing requirements.
- Consistent Security - Prisma Access protects employees from threats at all times, no matter where they are, or need to go. It inspects all traffic across every port and provides bidirectional networking to enable branch-to-branch as well as branch-to-HQ traffic.
- Reduces Complexity - Prisma Access can help you deploy next-generation protection without adding or replacing hardware. It also automatically scales to meet the demand of mobile users or handle your changing requirements.
Prisma Access Can Help Protect Organizations That Have:
- A large number of distributed locations and/or branches (e.g. stores, restaurants, insurance, banking, healthcare services, clinics)
- Highly mobile workforces
- A highly distributed workforce spread across multiple regions
- Large numbers of users at shared coworking sites
- Ongoing handling of intellectual property or sensitive information (e.g. finance, healthcare, technology)
- Management of critical infrastructure (e.g. utilities, energy, government)
For more information, download the below whitepaper that provides a more detailed overview of Prisma Access features and functionality, as well as the included Networking and Security services it comes bundled with. If you would like to discuss how Prisma Access can specifically help your organization, please contact us and one of our experienced certified Palo Alto Networks Security Engineers will gladly assist.
You can also click the following link for more information on Prisma: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/access